Thursday, March 24, 2011

House of Blues: check.

An unofficial contender for my "bucket list" of things to accomplish in my lifetime has been to perform a show at the House of Blues, and now, I can proudly say, "been there, done that!"

My band, Elviss Simmons and the Memphis Strutters, performed at the Anaheim (Downtown Disney) House of Blues last Wednesday, March 16th.  It was exciting because it was our first "real" venue (our 2 regular haunts, the BriXton in Redondo Beach and the Galaxy in Santa Ana, are closer aligned to the local act / bar scene, though that's not to say they aren't legitimate concert venues with good shows that come through) - this was the next tier up.

It was primarily a show to get publicity (we weren't paid), and it worked - we've already been asked back (though we're unfortunately unavailable on that particular date), and got a huge outpouring of people contacting us for shirts and wanting to see future shows.

So, I can say, at this time in my young life, that I have performed at the House of Blues!

Here are some photos and other media (since I know pictures are way more fun than anything I can type):



In case you didn't gather, it's a KISS/Elvis comedy/tribute act.  To fully understand us, you'll have to see us in person.  We are currently working on an EPK (Electronic Press Kit) and music video, which I will be sure to post here when it's done.  For now, you can Visit The Web Site and look us up on YouTube :)


No comments:

Post a Comment